Instructional Designer & Training Specialist
Company: American Family Care
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Reporting to the Director of Training and Development, the
Instructional Designer & Training Specialist will be responsible
for development, delivery, assessment, and revision of training
content with strong emphasis on distance learning and eLearning, as
well as administration of the Learning Management System and
corporate Intranet website.
- In collaboration with operational, administrative, training
staff, and other Subject Matter Experts, develop effective and
- Using a broad range of authoring, multimedia, and web-based
tools, capture, edit, and prepare multimedia content including
images, video, audio, and animation.
- Provide day-to-day administration and management of Learning
Management System (LMS), MedTrainer, including user management,
course management, assignment management, and reporting.
- Determine best training modalities and develop eLearning
modules to address performance errors. Other duties and
- Remain current in industry trends and technology
- Effectively manage training projects to meet deadlines.
- Evaluate, revise, and organize training structure and programs,
as well as policies and procedures for departments within the
- Upload documents, files, policies to AFCweb as they are
- Assist with implementation of the New Hire Training
- Collect, review, and report on Training Program feedback/survey
review from new hires; as well as adjust or strategize new goals if
- Manage travel arrangements for trainers including car and
- Manage training rooms - this would include corporate and
off-site rooms. For corporate, they would also maintain the
- Maintain a project folder that is accessable to the
- Follow all organizational rules, policies and procedures.
- Regular attendance to meet training schedule requirements
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Conduct in-person training sessions and train-the-trainer
- BS degree or equivalent education and experience.
- Prior training or experience in instructional design
- Minimum of two years of nursing or medical office, or similar
experience or training preferred.
- Experience using healthcare systems is desired.
- Experience in designing PowerPoint presentations and delivering
training materials in an understandable manner.
- Well versed in Microsoft Office and products.
- Ability to understand and communicate to others the operation
of complex computer systems.
- Above average verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- High level of comfort and fluency with computer systems,
databases, eLearning, and course-authoring software.
- Deadline orientation.
- Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Audition, After Effect,
Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro)
- Creative Studio.
- Articulate Suite.
- Joomla (Modern Design, Digital Audio, and Video/Imagery, Quick
Access and End User Experience)
Keywords: American Family Care, Birmingham , Instructional Designer & Training Specialist, Other , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!