Valuation Actuary, Variable Annuities (Hybrid)
Company: Protective Life Insurance Company
Posted on: November 25, 2022
The work we do has an impact on millions of lives, and you can
be a part of it.We help protect our customers against life's
uncertainties. Regardless of where you work within the company,
you'll be helping provide protection and peace of mind when our
customers need it most.
We are seeking an experienced person for an open position on the
variable annuity Valuation Team. The person selected for this role
will help drive the overall success of the variable annuity
valuation team and the company's critical financial reporting
obligations. This highly visible role will interact with other
departments and individuals within the organization and play a key
role interacting with Finance by analyzing key drivers of earnings.
This position is responsible for performing Statutory, GAAP and Tax
valuation of variable annuity using AXIS software. These financial
reporting responsibilities take up about 3 weeks each quarter. The
remainder of his/her time will be playing an essential role in
business process improvements, such as consolidating valuation
models, streamlining valuation/projection/reporting processes,
implementation of Value of New Business (VNB), implementation of
new regulations as well as supporting admin system conversion
- Performing quarterly Stat, Tax and GAAP valuations and earning
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for internal
and third-party clients.
- Preparing and reviewing SOX controls.
- Maintaining and improving the valuation and business plan
- Evaluating impacts of model updates and improvements.
- Developing automation tools for reporting/analysis as
- Participating in data /reserve reconciliation for admin
- Other job duties as assigned, including ad hoc management
- Interact with other departments and individuals within the
- Bachelor's degree
- 4 or more years of analytical experience within the insurance
- Excellent spreadsheet and technical skills such as SQL server
- Hard working
- Analytical and inquisitive
- Capable to learn new software and coding languages
- Ability to work independently or on a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge and experience on annuity products are preferred
- Previous valuation experience is preferred
- Experience using AXIS software is strongly preferred
Employee Benefits: We aim to protect our employees' wellbeing
through a broad benefits offering. For example, we protect physical
wellbeing through health, dental and vision insurance. We protect
mental wellbeing through mental health benefits and an employee
assistance program. We protect time away from work with a variety
of paid time away benefits (e.g., paid time off, paid parental
leave, short-term disability, and a cultural observance day). We
protect financial wellbeing through contributions to healthcare
accounts, a pension plan, and a 401(k) plan with Company matching.
All employees are encouraged to protect their overall wellbeing by
engaging in ProHealth Rewards, Protective's platform to improve
wellbeing while earning cash rewards. Eligibility for certain
benefits may vary by position in accordance with the terms of the
Company's benefit plans.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Protective, we are committed to
providing an inclusive culture where all employees are able to
fully contribute and thrive. Our goal is to grow and develop our
people, attract diverse talent and support strong, diverse
We support diversity, equity, and inclusion by working to develop a
culture of inclusion and belonging led by leaders who develop
potential and embrace unique skills and abilities. Our aim is to
create an equitable and accountable environment for all leaders and
employees that will drive performance and impact business strategy.
In this way, we can increase overall diversity for leadership roles
and pipelines of talent by maturing our hiring practices, robust
development opportunities and focus on retention of key talent.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to being
inclusive and attracting, retaining, and growing the talents of a
diverse and inclusive workforce.
Keywords: Protective Life Insurance Company, Birmingham , Valuation Actuary, Variable Annuities (Hybrid), Other , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!