Senior Internal Auditor
Company: ENCOMPASS HEALTH
Posted on: November 25, 2022
The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for leading audits
underlying the company's internal audit and controls program. The
Senior Internal Auditor executes audit procedures to assess
financial, operational, and information technology internal
controls to safeguard company resources and ensures the
effectiveness and efficiency of operations. The Senior Internal
Auditor makes recommendations for improvement of controls and
processes to ensure risk management, control governance systems are
functioning as intended and will enable Encompass Health's
objectives and goals are met.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Independently finds/uses techniques to document, evaluate, and
assess routine business processes.
- Independently finds/uses techniques to identify improvements in
routine business processes.
- Designs and applies sampling techniques in routine situations;
recognizes the need for CAATs.
- Independently draws appropriate conclusions based on routine
- Adheres to standards as set forth in the Audit Manual.
- Uses knowledge of business/financial concepts and company to be
effective in routine situations.
- Independently competent in risk and control assessment for
*** This position must sit in our Home Office in Birmingham, AL
*** This position offers a hybrid schedule after a probationary
*** This position requires around 15% travel
License or Certification:
- Certification (CPA, CIA, CISA) a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Computer
Science, or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in Internal Audit
- Working knowledge of auditing techniques and standards
- Understanding of the risk and controls associated with business
processes and ability to identify those risk and controls
- Strong computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel, email)
As a national leader in post-acute care, Encompass Health (NYSE:
EHC) offers facility-based patient care through its network of
inpatient rehabilitation hospitals. With a national footprint that
spans 153 hospitals in 36 states and Puerto Rico, the Company is
committed to delivering high-quality, cost-effective
rehabilitation. Encompass Health has been ranked by Modern
Healthcare as a Best Place to Work, and our Home Office is
consistently rated a Best Place to Work by the Birmingham Business
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start day one of
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet
the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
- Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education
- An employee assistance program for counseling and mental health
- Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Job ID: 2234270
Keywords: ENCOMPASS HEALTH, Birmingham , Senior Internal Auditor, Other , Trussville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!