Rebar Fabricator - 2nd Shift
Company: Nucor Harris Rebar South LLC
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Nucor Harris Rebar is seeking applicants for our Rebar
Fabricator - 2nd Shift position located in Riverside, AL. We are
North America's leading fabricator, installer and distributor of
concrete reinforcing steel and related products. Teammates are the
key to our success and every teammate can and does make a
difference. We prioritize safety in everything we do. A career at
Nucor Harris Rebar means stability, being heard and respected, and
opportunity for personal and professional growth. Nucor, our parent
company, is a Fortune 100 company recently named Fortune's best
workplace in Manufacturing and Production. Nucor is committed to
being good stewards of the environment and is constantly striving
to find new and innovative ways to decrease our carbon footprint.
Each branch of Nucor Harris Rebar works together as a team to be
the best in the business. We're looking to add a hardworking
teammate with integrity, problem solving skills and who is not
afraid of hard work.Benefits:Medical and dental are just the
beginning. We value our teammates and offer a benefits package that
also includes a bonus program, profit sharing, retirement savings,
vacation and holiday pay, scholarship and tuition reimbursement,
and unlimited growth potential. When you join Nucor Harris Rebar
you are joining a fast-paced and stable work environment. For more
information on our benefits go to Nucor.com/benefits.Safety is the
most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates
must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and
uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping
standards at all times. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct
drug testing. -
Basic Job Functions: Safety is the most important part of all jobs
within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the
ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices,
procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
- Unload trailers and store material in storage bins.
- Operate a shearing machine or a power saw to cut reinforcing
steel bars to specific lengths, and a bending machine to bend
reinforcing steel bars to specified shape.
- Operate overhead crane to move, assemble and select material to
be fabricated or shipped.
- Assemble and load orders onto trailers for shipping.
- Operate a spray gun in the application of epoxy touch up or
reinforcing steel bars.
- Maintain the shop or designated area in a clean and safe
manner. Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without
company sponsorship now or in the future
- Must be age 18 or over
- Able to read and comprehend basic safety and operational
- Able to perform basic math for accurate bar measurements
- Due to the operating conditions of the position, this is a
safety sensitive position
- Production positions in our fabrication shops require moderate
to heavy lifting and can be physically demanding
- Must be willing to work overtime when required
Keywords: Nucor Harris Rebar South LLC, Birmingham , Rebar Fabricator - 2nd Shift, Other , Riverside, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!