Admissions Coordinator - Hospital Onsite - Full time (afternoon/evening shift)
Posted on: January 26, 2023
What You Will Do:
The Admissions Coordinator - (Hospital Onsite) - Full Time is
responsible for obtaining and verifying demographic information,
insurance benefits and eligibility. Assigns the correct medical
record and account number; therefore, providing a database which
ensures accurate billing and clinical information. This position
performs any and all job-related duties as assigned.
This position will be 40 hours a week, 4 weekdays (3 days 10am -
6:30pm; 1 day 2:30pm - 6:30pm) and every other weekend 6pm - 6:30am
* Ensure accurate data element
* Customer service excellence
Duties to include but not limited to:
* Responsible for obtaining complete and accurate demographic and
financial information from a variety of sources, including patient
interviews physician offices and in-house departments.
* Obtains required signatures on legal consents and insurance
* Performs required pre-certification, credit referral or deposit
collection. Enters data in computer and thoroughly documents any
incomplete admissions/registrations in manner prescribed. Obtains
pre-certification, referral or authorization number and updates
* Notifies patients, family members, physicians and/or supervisors
of insurance coverage issues, notifies patients of co-payments,
deductibles or deposits needed, documenting all information in
* Reviews Physician's orders for completion and ensures all
required information is listed.
* Completes Medicare Compliance and obtains ABN if necessary.
* Knowledge of all Federal, State and Local Laws pertaining to
insurance rules and regulations.
* Maintains multiple computer systems.
* Maintains positive customer service at all times, referring
unresolved issues to appropriate supervisor.
* Answers telephone calls. Follows pre-established script and
provide assistance to callers.
* Completes all shift duties in a timely and accurate manner.
* Complies with all safety regulations, policies and procedures as
defined by Customer.
What You Will Need:
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* 1 year experience in a hospital setting or medical office
utilizing insurance websites.
* Ability to type a minimum of 35 WPM.
* Familiarity with medical terminology
* Due to our contractual requirements, to be eligible for this
role, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated at time of hire.
What Would Be Nice To Have:
What We Offer:
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that
includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package
that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive
* Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
* Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
* Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive
* Parental Leave
* 401(k) Retirement Plan
* Basic Life & Supplemental Life
* Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible
* Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
* Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning
* Skills Development & Certifications
* Employee Referral Program
* Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
* Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran
status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical
condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other
basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of
Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment
opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an
accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at
1-571-633-1711 or via email at
RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide
will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent
required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from
search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be
considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be
obligated to pay a placement fee.
Keywords: Guidehouse, Birmingham , Admissions Coordinator - Hospital Onsite - Full time (afternoon/evening shift), Other , Bessemer, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!