Heavy equipment operator TS-5K Bonus
Company: Republic Services
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Republic Services is a leader in Environmental Services,
partnering with customers to create a more sustainable world.We are
Sustainability in Action - our promise to be environmentally
responsible and to help our customers be environmentally
responsible too.Why choose Republic? Joining Republic isn't just
about taking on a new job, it's about making a commitment to create
a more sustainable world together. Our people provide an essential
service, serving and impacting customers, neighborhoods, and
communities everywhere. As a company, we are proud of our values
and encourage those who share in our aspirations to join our
- We protect our colleagues and communities through safe
practices everywhere, every day.
- We are committed to serving our customers and communities by
going above and beyond to exceed expectations.
- We take action to improve neighborhoods and communities by
being environmentally responsible and creating a more sustainable
- We are driven to deliver results in the right way.
- We encourage a human centered culture that honors the unique
potential and dignity of every person.POSITION SUMMARY: The
Operator - Heavy Equipment is responsible for the safe operation of
heavy equipment at a recycling facility, landfill or transfer
station for the purpose of transferring, spreading, covering,
loading and/or compacting waste or soil in an efficient and safe
manner. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform pre- and post-operation inspection of the equipment in
accordance with Company policy to ensure windows, lights, mirrors
and rear view camera are clean. Safely and efficiently operate
equipment that may include: forklift, excavator, bulldozer,
front-end loader and other equipment using proper safety
- Continuously monitor waste for evidence of unacceptable waste
- Continuously monitor the condition of the equipment to ensure
it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time; clean
tracks or wheels on equipment, as needed.
- Perform and document minor service on equipment, referring more
complicated mechanical issues to Maintenance Shop for repair.
- Complete Equipment Condition Report and other reports, as
necessary; report any necessary repairs to supervisor, as
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure that shop is clean, serviced and stored at the
completion of each shift.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer
expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative
manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of
honesty and trustworthiness.
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities
are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Good follow through ability; ability to adhere to work schedule
and follows through on challenges as they arise.
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth;
promotes the Company's safety standards; does not take
- Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all
- Two years of prior related experience in heavy equipment
- One year of prior experience working at sites regulated by
OSHA.Rewarding Compensation and BenefitsEligible employees can
elect to participate in:--- Comprehensive medical benefits
coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.--- Health care and
dependent care spending accounts. ---- Short- and long-term
disability.--- Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment
insurance.--- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).---
Employee discount programs.--- 401(k) plan with a generous company
match.--- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).The statements used
herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the
work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities,
duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. -
Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and
are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.Republic
Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran
status, relationship or association with a protected veteran
(spouses or other family members), genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Republic Services, Birmingham , Heavy equipment operator TS-5K Bonus, Other , Lincoln, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!