Guest Experience Coordinator
Company: Birmingham Jefferson Co
Posted on: January 27, 2023
ABOUT THE BJCCFor over 50 years, the Birmingham-Jefferson
Convention Complex (BJCC) has served as a premier entertainment
destination attracting a broad array of events across a diverse
collection of venues. Centrally located in the heart of Birmingham,
Alabama's Uptown Entertainment District, the BJCC campus includes
Legacy Arena at the BJCC, Protective Stadium, BJCC Concert Hall,
over 220,000 square feet of meeting & exhibition space, and City
Walk BHAM, a 31-acre public outdoor space with a dog park,
pickleball courts, skate park and much more. For more information
visit . Summary/Objective The Guest Experience Coordinator will
assist the assist the Guest Experience Manager in coordinating the
Guest Services program and facilitating all aspects of premium and
guest services for the Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Complex.
This position is responsible for providing, maintaining, and
promoting hospitality and customer service at the highest level at
all times; and welcoming and serving guests in a courteous,
efficient and friendly manner. Essential Duties/Responsibilities
Demonstrates understanding and full performance ability in each of
- Demonstrate a commitment to all guests and quality service by
communicating customer service standards that are consistent and in
line with the BJCC's mission and values.
- Provide upscale guest service experiences for clients and
guests throughout their visit at the BJCC for all events.
- Create an atmosphere that welcomes guests, and pro-actively
anticipates their needs so solutions can be offered before being
requested and personalizing the delivery of the service to meet
their specific needs.
- Plan, coordinate and implement processes and activities
associated with premium and guest services under the direction and
supervision of the Guest Experience Manager.
- Analyze and evaluate information and results to choose the best
solution for conflict resolution and problem solving.
- Assists the Guest Experience Manager in overseeing the Guest
Services part-time staff with willingness to foster an engaging
- Work with other departments to ensure the venues service
standards of safety, guest experience and efficiency is
communicated pre-event, demonstrated throughout the event and
- Collaborate with Guest Experience Manager to assist in
developing venue opportunities to increase guest satisfaction and
provide an exceptional guest experience.
- Provide on-going communication and problem resolution for
premium seating and guest services' areas during all phases of an
event. Investigates and resolves customer problems with
- Analyze customer feedback to suggest improvement
- Serve as a liaison between internal and external partners such
as security, event management, maintenance, housekeeping, etc. in
order to deliver premium level guest satisfaction for events.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the full range of principles,
terms, techniques, and procedures for delivering an exceptional
guest experience, to include communication and responsiveness to
- Must be able to maintain current knowledge of emergency
procedures and safety procedures for the BJCC in all matters, such
as: responds appropriately to emergency situations, responds to
safety hazards according to BJCC procedures (examples include, but
are not limited to water on floor, objects blocking doors,
electrical cords exposed or untapped in traffic routes, etc.).
Effectively assist guest to locations of safety in the event of an
evacuation, based on company policy and management
- Performs other duties as required.Competencies Accountability,
Interpersonal Skills, Customer Service, Communication, Active
Listening, Conflict Management, Job Knowledge, Dependability,
Adaptability/Flexibility, Problem Solving, Detail Oriented,
Initiative, Responsiveness, Safety Focus, Technical Skills, Results
Driven, Organizational Skills, Training and Development. Work
Environment This position may have a moderate to extensive stress
level associated with dealing with crowds of public visitors. The
environment is mainly indoors, however position may be required to
work outdoors and exposed to the elements (heat, rain, etc.).
Physical DemandsDuties require extended periods of sitting and/or
standing. Moderate amount of physical effort such as walking,
standing, climbing, bending, stooping, squatting, and kneeling.
Requires walking between venues for extended periods of time during
events. Ability to lift up to 30lbs with or without assistance,
while maintaining good balance. Must be flexible enough to reach
above shoulder level and be able to push and pull for brief periods
of time. Visual acuity, speech recognition, and speech clarity.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position;
hours of work must be flexible and varied to meet the demands of
the facility's events. Must be able to work extended and/or
irregular hours including day, nights, weekends, and holidays, as
needed to meet the event demands. Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of three (3) years related knowledge, experience, and
skills in hospitality and customer service experience or a similar
- Experience with guest services and/or hospitality experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with
an emphasis business administration, hospitality, or equivalent
combination of education and experience is preferred.
- Valid State of Alabama Driver License. Additional Eligibility
- Ability of working in stressful situation and remain flexible
to adjust as situations change.
- Must be able to anticipate problems, resolve conflicts and
implement immediate corrective action with excellent
- Possess a natural interest in helping others.
- Capable of multi-tasking, excellent time-management,
prioritizing skills with attention to detail and self-starter
- Requires professional demeanor with ability to use independent
judgment to handle any guest services matters and needs.
- Ability to work cooperatively with co-workers and provide good
internal and external customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to connect with,
and relate to, all levels of management and clientele.
- Receives and applies feedback and direction from
- Ability to write, comprehend, disseminate reports and business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to speak, read and understand English.
- Must maintain a professional and inviting appearance, as
defined by policy, at all times.
- Ability to use computer, scanner software, inventory management
software, computer, label maker, mail machine, intermediate
Microsoft Office. PI202142561
Keywords: Birmingham Jefferson Co, Birmingham , Guest Experience Coordinator, Other , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!