Security Officer - Day Shifts
Company: Ascension Health
Posted on: January 27, 2023
- Department: Security
- Schedule: Day Shifts. Wednesday-Sunday, 7:00am-3:00pm.
- Hospital: Ascension St. Vincent's Birmingham
- Location: Birmingham, Alabama BenefitsPaid time off
(PTO)Various health insurance options & wellness plansRetirement
benefits including employer match plansLong-term & short-term
disabilityEmployee assistance programs (EAP)Parental leave &
adoption assistanceTuition reimbursementWays to give back to your
community*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary
by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN,
Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today
for additional specifics.ResponsibilitiesProvide security services
to ensure a safe environment for staff and visitors.
- Perform proactive monitoring of and timely responses to
potential/actual security threats.
- Investigate, document and manage security incidents and
- Maintain knowledge/follow policies and procedures regarding
alarms and emergency/disaster preparedness plans. May facilitate
planned drills and simulations.
- Train and mentor staff on environment of care and emergency
management processes and procedures. Provide information and
assistance to staff and visitors to promote safety.
- Provide for traffic and parking enforcement within campus area
and participate in foot and vehicle patrols.
- Report potential problems or equipment malfunction to
- Operate vehicle in a safe and responsible manner to avoid
accidents and traffic or parking violations.RequirementsLicensure /
Certification / Registration:
- Drivers License credentialed from the Alabama Department of
Motor Vehicles obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date
- BLS Provider preferred. American Heart Association or American
Red Cross accepted.
- Security Guard preferred.Education:
- High School diploma equivalency OR 1 year of applicable
cumulative job specific experience required.
- Note: Required professional licensure/certification can be used
in lieu of education or experience, if applicable.Additional
PreferencesNo additional preferences.Why Join Our TeamAscension St.
Vincent's employs over 4,800 associates and has been serving
Birmingham and surrounding communities for more than 122 years. As
an associate, you will find rewarding career opportunities at one
of our five hospitals and several other healthcare facilities
including an outpatient wellness facility that offers medical,
imaging, fitness, nutrition and spa services.Ascension is a leading
non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over
150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140
hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.Our
Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension.
Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a
positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than
jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of
the people around you.Equal Employment Opportunity
EmployerAscension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO)
to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race,
color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability,
marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any
other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in
accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. For
further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English)
poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish)
poster. Pay Non-Discrimination Notice
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
from applicants. This employer participates in the Electronic
Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link
below for more information.E-Verify
Keywords: Ascension Health, Birmingham , Security Officer - Day Shifts, Other , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!