Company: Protective Life
Posted on: May 19, 2019
The Training Designeris an experienced training professional with
responsibility for designing result oriented and engaging adult
learning training programs for internal and remote learners. The
Training Designer will author consistently designed, responsive
interactive training modules that will meet and/or exceed the needs
of our internal customers using the Articulate 360 Style Guide. The
Training Designer will play an integral role in reducing learning
curve times and increased customer and rep satisfaction and
maintaining a Training Center of Excellence.
Training Designer (TD) independently develops training materials
and programs for assigned areas. TD applies adult learning and
learner-centered principles to design programs to increase learning
engagement and skill retention. TD follows prescribed instructional
design methodologies and employs varied delivery and presentation
media to drive effective knowledge/skill transfer. TD may perform
subject matter interviews and task observations/analyses to clarify
learning objectives, select approaches and scope content for
training programs. When not designing programs, TD may
facilitate/instruct in areas of expertise and is required to
observe and perform functional tasks in current or future-assigned
business area(s) to gain or maintain expertise.
Things you'll do:
- Develop training modules and programs, pre- and post-training
activities, and materials based on business and learning
- Develop measurement strategies for learning programs to
effectively measure knowledge transfer and application.
- Perform work observations and interviews to verify current
knowledge requirements, procedures and business
practices/dimensions related to assigned programs being designed or
- Follow a defined instructional plan for each course/program
designed or updated.
- Use design expertise, class observation skills, and training
metrics to periodically assess effectiveness and alignment of
- Receive and apply feedback from instructors, designers,
managers (training and business), and metrics to continually
improve training programs.
- Work with instructors to effectively execute learning
activities, administer assessments and integrate job
aids/solutions, varied learning media and e-learning-as designed,
in the classroom.
- Explore and stay current on new or varied learning/ assessment
methodologies and options, including e-learning formats.
- Collaborate with team members in order to meet/or exceed on
time delivery of adult learning training content.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with Instructors,
Training Partners, Management, and our customers.
Education and Experience
- College degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of course design experience in a corporate
- Financial services industry, LOMA or comparable industry
education designations preferred.
- Knowledge and expertise of Adult Learning principles,
instructional design, training measurement, and curriculum
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal communication skills
with individuals at all levels in business.
- Ability to meet production deadlines in a high demand,
fast-paced environment; stay calm under pressure.
- Experienced in designing and developing
audiovisual/presentations, as well as designing content and
activities for remote training.
- Collaborate and extract key details of concepts, processes ,and
systems using job observations and asking strategic questions.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and work with
sensitive data; create trusted partnerships.
- Competency in Articulate 360, Captivate, or other content
- CPLP, ATD Certifications, or other training related
Protective Life is an equal opportunity employer.Requirements
- Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Works well as a member of a group
- Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary
to get the task done well
- Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the
success of a project or the organization
- Inspired to perform without outside help
- Course designed experience (corporate)
Keywords: Protective Life, Birmingham , Training Designer, Other , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!