Assistant Construction Project Manager / HPM
Posted on: September 23, 2022
The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for working with
the internal and external project teams to help facilitate project
documentation and delivery requirements and ensure internal and
external communication through effective day to day administration
and coordination of projects. Key contributions include:
produce/distribute meeting agendas and minutes, RFI management,
submittal management, drawing management, assisting with change
order review and management, project close out management and
keeping project documentation up to date in the construction
management software. Responsible for handling documentation, filing
and correspondence in support of one or more managers and ordering
supplies. In this role, you may be required to travel up to 25% of
the time. Responsibilities:
- Participate in the set up and maintenance of construction
project management including planning, scheduling, budgeting prior
to the start of the project.
- Assist in the coordination and expediting necessary to ensure
proper and timely delivery of shop drawings and submittals,
construction materials, change orders, pricing and related
- Create, update, and refer to RFI logs, submittal logs, bulletin
schedules and start-up document checklists.
- Coordinate, obtain, and communicate all required information
for construction and installation of owner furnished
- Update and maintain contract drawings with new contract
information received as bulletins, RFI's, ASI's, and proposal
- Participate in the review of contractor and material supplier
invoices, company invoices, change order pricing information,
drawings and submittals.
- Maintain and update project schedules.
- Initiate, organize, and attend project meetings with
appropriate members of the project team and ensure that meeting
agendas and meeting minutes are produced and distributed to
attendees and other necessary parties.
- Assist the Project Manager(s) with updating PM Web in
conjunction with processing Requests for Information, Submittals,
Drawing Logs, and other management tools.
- Maintain the CBI report and insure all insurance is up to
- Assist with compilation of project close-out/operation and
maintenance manuals for delivery to owner.
- Assist Project Manager with change order reviews.
- Create an maintain project information in project management
- Correspond on routine inquires with subcontractors and vendors
at the beginning and throughout the duration of a project.
- Coordinate invoice routing and monitor payments to contractors
- Compiling and distributing meeting minutes as necessary.
- Prepare agendas for meetings and make arrangements such as
coordinating catering for luncheon meetings.
- Maintain the field drawings with updates, modifications and
- Assemble and present monthly updates to the
- Bachelor's Degree in Building Science, Construction Management,
Civil Engineering or related field
- 1-3 yrs experience in the industry; Owner's rep / Program Mgmt
- Experience producing/reviewing CMAR pay applications
- Experience with construction project management software such
as Viewpoint, VICO and BIM
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Great written and verbal communication skills; candidate should
be comfortable with public speaking.
- Valid Driver's License required
- LEED AP and/or CCM certifications preferredPhysical Demands and
Working Environment:The conditions herein are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential job functions.Environment: Work is performed mainly in an
indoor and outdoor setting with exposure to all types of weather
and temperature conditions, and travel from site to site.Physical:
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility
to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods
of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and
twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts
of weight; to operate equipment requiring repetitive hand movement
and fine coordination; to travel to other locations using various
modes of private and commercial transportation; and to verbally
communicate to exchange information.Vision: See in the normal
visual range with or without correction.Hearing: Hear in the normal
audio range with or without correction.Hoar Holdings is an EOE -
Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender
Identity/Vets/DisabilitiesHoar does not accept unsolicited resumes
from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee
of Hoar without a prior written search agreement will be considered
unsolicited and the property of Hoar.
Keywords: Hoar, Birmingham , Assistant Construction Project Manager / HPM, Professions , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!