Refrigeration Technician 1
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and
transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail
outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential
link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on
tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates
temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over
16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities
- from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting,
administration, business development, customer support,
engineering, transportation, and technology solutions
Under general supervision, performing refrigeration operations and
preventative maintenance and repair throughout the warehouse.
Provide maintenance support as necessary to ensure operational
objective are met. Perform basic troubleshooting and repair of
industrial mechanical and electrical systems as needed.
• Operates and performs repair(s) and adjustment(s) of
refrigeration system. Monitor system performance and determine when
system is not operating correctly.
• Performs routine maintenance on various types of warehouse
equipment in accordance with OSHA Standards.
• Supports implementation and sustainment of Americold Operating
• Tests, maintains, and evaluates equipment performance using
instruments such as multi-meters
• Maintains tools and machinery in good condition and use tools and
equipment carefully as instructed.
• Troubleshoots equipment and recommends corrective action.
• Conducts tests of safety equipment to ensure OHSA and operational
• Maintains accurate preventive maintenance records.
• Keeps work area 6S'd (clean, organized, etc.), and performs
housekeeping duties as required.
• Performs other maintenance related work and job assignments as
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• 2 years combined Refrigeration and/or Maintenance experience
(relevant Technical School certification program and/or Associates
Degree program considered in lieu of employment experience).
• Required to successfully complete assigned Industrial
Refrigeration and/or mechanical-electrical courses.
• Required to train in HAZMAT, obtain and maintain the
• Basic computer skills required (email, internet searches, basic
data entry, etc.).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of general refrigeration practices.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Mathematical and documentation skills necessary.
• Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Proficient use of testing equipment.
• Must be able to work flexible shifts if required, including on
• Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose down to the component level
on all refrigeration equipment.
• Share knowledge, train and support the development of others.
The physical demands described below are representative of those
that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of
the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job
• May be required to tolerate working environment with inside
controlled temperatures of -20 degrees Fahrenheit and outside
ambient temperatures (including heat, cold and precipitation).
• Must be able to work at heights in excess of 35 ft. and be able
to access elevated platforms and catwalk.
• Must be able to climb ladders and stairs.
• Frequently required to stand; walk; push; pull; reach with hands
and arms; stoop; kneel; and crouch
• Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to use hand and power tools.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception. Either
naturally or with the aid of eye glasses (use of contacts are
prohibited when working with ammonia).
• Able to work nights and weekends.
• Able to pass a physical and respiratory exam.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.
Keywords: Americold, Birmingham , Refrigeration Technician 1, Professions , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!