Company: Penn Tank
Posted on: November 24, 2022
We are growing rapidly in all areas! We have an exciting future
ahead with growth opportunities and an expanding business - do you
want to be a part of it?Penn Tank Lines is looking for a Dispatcher
for its terminal in Birmingham, AL. This position manages driver
planning and load assignments for approximately 25 drivers to
ensure efficient utilization of assets, having a direct impact on
driver and terminal profitability, customer satisfaction, and
operational efficiency.Position Responsibilities:
- Oversees the daily activities of Drivers assigned to his / her
shift, and is the first point of contact to provide guidance to
Drivers making deliveries.
- Monitors and manages store petroleum inventories while
evaluating and building loads.
- Collaborates with suppliers to work through allocation & supply
- Ensures organization and proper sequence of loads delivered to
- Continually analyzes stations to identify potential delivery
issues related to traffic, allocation, and driver's available hours
of service to ensure operational efficiency and profitability.
- Maintains customer expectations of sourcing and on-time
- Forecasts customer needs and proactively ensures no service
- Reports all service related matters to Terminal
- May assist with daily log reviews and address violations.
- May assist the Terminal Manager with equipment maintenance
scheduling and tracking.Qualifications & Competencies:
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to build loads
to maximize operational efficiency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A pleasant and professional demeanor with the ability to
- A strong customer focus with the ability to follow tasks
through to completion.
- Ability to work independently and exercise judgement in both
regular and unique situations.
- Strong geographical knowledge of the area.
- Strong skill base and comfort with technology including
Microsoft Office, specifically Excel; experience with routing or
dispatching systems a plus.
- Some scheduling flexibility to meet the needs of the
operation.Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a position where attention to detail, a
sense of urgency, problem solving, and using independent judgement
to solve problems was required.
- Previous management or leadership experience a plus.This is a
Full-Time position working a daytime schedule, Sunday through
Thursday, and may include "on call" responsibility for operational
needs as they arise.Resumes with salary expectations accepted
through this posting.Penn Tank Lines, Inc. EOE
Keywords: Penn Tank, Birmingham , Dispatcher, Professions , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!