Operations: Maintenance Technician
Company: Royal Cup, Inc.
Posted on: January 27, 2023
OverviewRoyal Cup Maintenance Positions: -Royal Cup Coffee is
currently seeking both entry-level and experienced maintenance
technicians to support equipment in our highly automated coffee
roasting and packaging facility. Join a talented maintenance team
in a supportive, dynamic environment offering opportunities to
launch a technical career or continue to develop your skills as an
experienced technician. -As part of our multi-craft maintenance
team, your electrical and mechanical skills will be developed and
enhanced with customized training programs for multiple skill
levels, ranging from entry level to highly skilled controls
technicians. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package
with opportunities for growth and advancement in a rewarding career
path. - -COMPANY PROFILE:Royal Cup, Inc. is the proven leader in
sourcing, roasting, blending and providing high-quality coffees and
fine teas since 1896 and is the chosen partner for restaurants,
hotels, offices and commuters across the country. - We are a
family-owned business rooted in a longstanding tradition of coffee
roasting excellence who takes pride in our unparalleled dedication
to customer care. -We are a large, privately held national
importer, roaster and distributor of coffees, teas and related
products that has been in business for more than 120 years. -Royal
Cup, Inc. currently provides product and service to restaurant,
hotels, convenience stores, businesses and individuals throughout
the United States, and were growing! - -At Royal Cup, Inc. having a
customer centric focus is not simply a motto; our employees believe
we each have a responsibility to provide outstanding service to our
customers. - Our customer centric focus results in actions we live
by that not only retain our current customer base but grow our
presence with new, high impact accounts across the country based on
exceptional products and service. - We believe serving our
customers well, serves us well. We are results oriented and strive
to not only retain our current customer base but grow our presence
with new, high impact accounts across the country by offering
exceptional products and service. - -BENEFITS:Royal Cup Coffee
offers a competitive compensation plan and a comprehensive benefits
program. On top of being a part of a well-caffeinated team, the
benefits program includes healthcare, dental, vision, 401(k),
company-paid life and disability insurance, Flexible Spending
Account plan, select tuition reimbursement, paid parental leave,
paid holidays, and vacation time. Ongoing training designed to
provide maximum success for our employees is offered. - -Learn more
about Royal Cup, Inc:Web: http://www.royalcupcoffee.com/Twitter:
-Royal Cup Coffee and Tea strives to be sustainably minded and a
good corporate steward in all business endeavors. - It is also what
others expect of us our employees, our customers and vendors, our
local communities, and the coffee and tea industry we help
represent. This mindset permeates the actions we take today,
tomorrow and today for tomorrow. - -Royal Cup is committed to a
diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity
employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national
origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected
veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an
accommodation, -please contact us at
- Provide maintenance work, to include, among other items,
performing minor repairs to a wide range of production machinery,
building systems, as well as performing repairs of same to meet
performance objectives and ensure maintenance of safety, quality
- Perform cleaning of roaster piping prior to Automatic Clean
- Perform PM of air handling filters and cooling coils.
- Safely and effectively use basic shop equipment, basic hand
tools including electric hand tools.
- Read a variety of schematics and mechanical drawings.
- Ensure the proper records are kept and assist as needed in
ensuring they are entered and maintained within a computerized
maintenance management system (CMMS) for tracking work orders,
spare parts, supplies and maintenance history of plant
- Effectively communicate with Maintenance Lead Technician and
Maintenance Supervisor as needed to ensure sharing of necessary
- Maintain sanitation and housekeeping at expected levels at all
- Participate in continuing training, embrace concepts of, and
actively practice the Safety Programs to aid Royal Cup Coffees
efforts to achieve a zero accident rate.
- Actively strive to manage activities to deliver against cost
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and organized
- Attend and participate in all company-mandated meetings.
- Train successfully in new skills and technology on a regular
and continuing basis.
- Always be mindful of and adhere to GMPs (Good Manufacturing
Pratices), Quality and Food Safety requirements.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures and
- Other duties as may be assigned.Qualifications
- Minimum Requirement: High School Diploma or Equivalent (for
- Previous experience as a Maintenance Technician within a
manufacturing facility preferred. Exposure to the repair and
maintenance of manufacturing and facility equipment. - Experience
with the operation and maintenance of Packaging & Roasting
Machinery in a high volume, fast paced production facility is
- Prior experience with a CMMS is highly preferable.
- Knowledge and experience with Lean Manufacturing principles,
workflow and operational procedures.
- Solid understanding of LOTO and NFPA 70E regulations.
- Solid understanding of environmental, health, safety and food
- Must be able to perform the physical demands required to carry
out the essential job functions. - Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to carry out the
essential job functions. - The physical demands may include:
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, balancing, reaching with
hands and arms, climbing, grasping, typing, reading, talking and
- Occasional stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and
occasionally lift up to 100 pounds with the help of another
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to
- Ability to work within the work environment characteristics
experienced while performing the essential functions for this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Frequently working near production machinery and occasionally
near hand jacks or forklifts.
- Frequently working in an environment with variable
- Results focused with an analytical approach to problem
- Interested and capable of growing into positions of greater
- Ability to pass a skill level pre-employment assessment for
Maintenance Traninee position.
- Ability to work with and support others in a positive way.
- Ability to successfully complete the pre-employment process.
Keywords: Royal Cup, Inc., Birmingham , Operations: Maintenance Technician, Professions , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!