Maintenance Tech I - 3rd Shift ( Sun-Thurs/11PM - 7:30AM)
Company: Benjamin Moore
Location: Pell City
Posted on: November 17, 2023
- We offer excellent compensation. Pay from $25/hr. or more based
on experience plus $1.50 shift differential.
- Qualify upon hire for an annual bonus of at least
- Enjoy outstanding and affordable medical benefits as well as a
robust paid time-off program.
* Follows all safety guidelines, rules; environmental and
uses all required safety equipment.
* Maintains quality and cleanliness of the work area and
* Maintains, repairs, troubleshoots production and filling line
sensors, electrical drives, controls, mechanical, processing
systems, as well as
working cross functionally among departments.
* Performs preventive maintenance activities on plant equipment
process machinery/equipment lubrication, adjustments, cleaning and
diagnosis and document findings.
* Coordinates with outside contractors and supplemental support
including repairs, installations, security, fire prevention, loss
* Conducts diagnosis and troubleshooting breakdowns of computer and
control systems. Troubleshoots and repairs machinery and develops
effective solutions to address root cause failures.
* Proper record keeping of all maintenance, security
prevention systems/controls, etc.
* Maintains proper facility, and assets integrity including
lighting, electrical, plumbing, boiler operation, repairs and
* Engages in implementing improvements to facility operations,
Safety / Administration.
* Orders parts using purchase order system, performs spare parts
performs building maintenance (lighting, plumbing, etc.), and
tests on sprinkler equipment for fire safety.
* In collaboration with management, develops & executes facility
projects as directed by facility management. Participates &
specified capital improvement projects directed by facility
* Provides guidance and training to all operators on skill
* May need to fill in when necessary on other shifts
* High School or equivalent and 2 year Trade (technical) degree or
* Minimum 3-5 years progressive experience in manufacturing
* Basic 480V electrical experience in an industrial facility, PLC
control, electrical power and motor controls, thorough knowledge of
instruments used in field and basic mechanical knowledge and
* Three phase motor troubleshooting, motor control circuits
installation, AC variable frequency drive installation and
troubleshooting. Able to
troubleshoot other electrical circuits including control boards and
Also able to read and generate electrical schematics. Electrical
experience a plus.
* Knowledge of manufacturing, process systems and filling line
* Ability to read and write logic at a machine level and/or
Enterprise level. Ability
to troubleshoot logic and make corrective actions in the program
and/or GE Fanuc) preferred, but not required.
* RSLogix 500 & 5000 PLC, RSView32, FactoryTalk View, GE
* Instrumentation Skills: Ability to install and troubleshoot:
couplings, Radar Levels, Mass Flow meters, HART communications
Pressure Differential devices.
* Ability to install machinery following OEM guidelines, welding
(MIG, TIG). Ability
to troubleshoot mechanical issues including mechanical drive
to troubleshoot and install mechanical pumps (Positive
centrifugal, AOD), preferred, but not required.
* Millwright traits (rigging, lifting), preferred, but not
* Strong training in LO/TO, Arch Flash (NFPA 70E).
* Good interpersonal communication skills.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Ability to work overtime and Flex schedule as needed
* Must be able to wear respiratory protection. This includes being
cleared and fitted for respiratory protection and adhering to
standards for such equipment.
Click to see how you can paint your future!
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of
Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the
world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years
we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and
home decor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich
and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that
our associates are the driving force behind our success, and we
strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity
and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look
for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class
services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using
the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand
experiences for our customers and retail network.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Benjamin Moore, we believe diversity of culture, talent, and
varying perspectives is key to a collaborative, innovative, and
successful business. We are committed to driving change within our
organization through purposeful Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
(DE&I) efforts, while also focusing on our customers and
communities in which we serve. Our DE&I efforts allow each of
us to authentically live our corporate values of Openness,
Integrity, Community, Excellence and Safety. Our Social Impact
programming of strategic local and national partnerships, in-kind
donations, volunteerism, and more expands our ability to make a
difference in the lives of all of our stakeholders. We hope you
will join us and become an advocate for diversity and inclusion
here at Benjamin Moore.
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our
number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working
conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in
measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19
pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we've
modified facilities and work schedules to support social
distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization
protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to
all employees-including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring
the well-being of our team members is a top priority.
Keywords: Benjamin Moore, Birmingham , Maintenance Tech I - 3rd Shift ( Sun-Thurs/11PM - 7:30AM), Professions , Pell City, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!