Cardiovascular Technician - Cardiac Cath Lab - Days - Birmingham
Posted on: April 17, 2019
We Are Hiring Cardiac Cath Lab Technician - Full-Time, Day - St
Vincent's East Why Join Ascension? St. Vincent's Health System,
part of Ascension, is made up of St. Vincent's Birmingham, St.
Vincent's Blount, St. Vincent's East, St. Vincent's St. Clair, St.
Vincent's One Nineteen Health and Wellness, and the St. Vincent's
Ambulatory Healthcare Network, which includes a wide range of
services, from family care to home health. Together, we provide a
special brand of personalized, compassionate care that balances
high touch with high tech, meeting the needs of people in more than
40 communities. What You Will Do As an Cardiovascular Technician
with St. Vincent's Health System-AL, you will have the opportunity
to assist with procedures to analyze, diagnose and treat the
- Prepares patients for procedures. Reviews medical history,
positions patients and cleans/shaves/numbs testing sites as
- Interprets, describes and reports test results; recognizes
recording errors and artifacts and reacts appropriately.
- Monitors patient prior to, during and after procedures and
promptly reports any abnormal findings in patient's condition.
- Prepares and maintains equipment, supplies and lab area.
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential
problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel.
Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department.What You
Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job
transfer date. Advanced Life Support maybe in lieu of Basic Life
- One or more of the following:
- Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist credentialed from the
Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) obtained within 1
Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Cardiographic Tech credentialed from the Cardiovascular
Credentialing International (CCI) obtained within 1 Month (30 days)
of hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Radiography
credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
(ARRT) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job
transfer date. Education:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or
Associate's degree, or Technical degree required Work Experience:
- Cardiovascular experience is preferred.Equal Employment
Opportunity As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all
its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and
regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to
all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its
ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.Employment
decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability,
protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age
or any other characteristic protected by law. Please note that
Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who
have applied for a position using our official application. Be on
alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will
not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify
Statement St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment
Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more
information. E -Verify (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Birmingham , Cardiovascular Technician - Cardiac Cath Lab - Days - Birmingham, Professions , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!