Pharmacy Technician Purchasing / Inventory
Posted on: May 20, 2019
We Are Hiring
Pharmacy Tech - St. Vincent's Birmingham
- Full-Time Day St. Vincent's Health System, part of Ascension,
is made up of St. Vincent's Birmingham, St. Vincent's Blount, St.
Vincent's East, St. Vincent's St. Clair, St. Vincent's One Nineteen
Health and Wellness, and the St. Vincent's Ambulatory Healthcare
Network, which includes a wide range of services, from family care
to home health. Together, we provide a special brand of
personalized, compassionate care that balances high touch with high
tech, meeting the needs of people in more than 40 communities.
St. Vincent's Birmingham Hospital :
St. Vincent's Birmingham is located downtown, and it has over 400
beds and provides space for many physician offices. We are
currently in a large renovation project to create more patient
rooms and waiting areas. St. Vincent's provides care for many
patients within the downtown area and surrounding communities.
Known for our Birth Suites and Ortho Sports service line, St.
Vincent's has a strong reputation in the Birmingham as the hospital
of choice for many services and the hospital is easy to get to from
St. Vincent's Pharmacy
As a dedicated health care provider, St. Vincent's is committed to
providing high quality prescription services at the St. Vincent's
Pharmacy. With a wide range of services and a convenient location,
our pharmacy makes filling prescriptions easier than ever!
Pharmacy services include:
- Free mail to home service for prescriptions
- Free refill reminders
- Free prescription transfers
- Friendly and expert consultations and complimentary medication
- Rx compounding and flavoring
- Free Prescription Savings Card ($4 and $10 programs, discounts
on non-covered drugs)
- Bedside delivery of prescriptions for inpatients and outpatient
surgery/procedures through our Discharge Rx Delivery Program St.
Vincent's Birmingham (Downtown)
- Largest faith-based, not for profit hospital in
- Currently renovating hospital rooms and waiting areas.
- Expansion of our parking decks to accommodate patients and
- Free parking for our associates.
- Several satellite parking lots available with free shuttle
service to the hospital.
- Friendly family environment.
- "Where Babies are Born!"
- World renowned Andrews Sports Medicine Orthopedic Center.
- Downtown location appeals to those that love city life, just
minutes from great restaurants, entertainment, historical sites and
- Skilled staff that care about the patients and each other. What
you will do:
As a Pharmacy Technician with St. Vincent's Health System-AL, you
will have the opportunity to provide distributive pharmacy services
and technical support for the pharmacist.
- Refills and maintains automated dispensing systems.
- Prepares orders and maintains inventory for the pharmacy
- Repackages bulk medications.
- Receives and stores incoming supplies.
- Serves as liaison between pharmacy, patient and health
professional by providing information as necessary. OR purchasing /
inventory management experience
What you will need:
- Required Credential(s):
- Pharmacy Tech credentialed from the Alabama Board of Pharmacy
obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or
Associate's degree, or Technical degree required Preferred
Bachelor's Degree or 4 years equivalent experience in lieu of
Certified Pharmacy Technician upon hire or within 6 months
- Purchasing medication through vendor software
- MUST HAVE General knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software
and the ability to manipulate spreadsheets, databases and
- Three years of hospital pharmacy experience as a pharmacy
technician with inpatient pharmacy inventory management experience,
OR purchasing / inventory management experience As an equal
opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply
with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to
provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals,
employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based
on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national
origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment
Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Birmingham , Pharmacy Technician Purchasing / Inventory, Professions , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!