Financial Sales Consultant - Manager
Company: Allstate Insurance Company
Posted on: July 15, 2019
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting,
rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent
protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you
make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here,
youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways
you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a
company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using
and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family SummaryProvide Support for new and existing Exclusive
Financial Services (EFS), Exclusive Agents (EA) and Financial
Specialists (FS) related to Allstate Life and Retirement (ALR)
products. Implements and/or identifies best practices, education,
and sales processes to support business needs. Drives process
adoption with EFSs, EAs, FSs and Licensed Sales Professionals
(LSP). Influences behavior changes with ability to coach/engage
EFSs, EAs, FSs, and LSPs.Job DescriptionThe Financial Services
Consultant (FSC) has responsibility for supporting the Territory
Sales Leader (TSL) in the development and implementation of
Allstate Life and Retirement (ALR)) business strategies for the
territory. This includes the ALR production plan & Exclusive Agent
(EA), Financial Specialists (FS) and Exclusive Financial Specialist
(EFS) development, EFS/FS appointments, and EFS/FS retention, and
tactics to increase market share in ALR products. The FSC has
direct involvement in the successful recruiting, appointment,
installation, development, and retention of EFSs/FSs. This
individual shares direct responsibility with the TSLfor achieving
the annual ALR production and EFS/FS appointment plans in the
assigned geographic area.
The FSC has responsibility for the on-going securities supervision
and development of all EFSs/FSs and security licensed EAs of
Allstate Financial Services, LLC assigned within a territory to
ensure strict adherence to broker/dealer policies and procedures as
well as applicable National Association of Securities Dealers, Inc.
(NASD), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and state
securities laws and regulationsKey ResponsibilitiesRelationship
- Focuses on building and maintaining relationships with
distribution leaders, EAs and EFSs/FSs to help align individual
producer and leader objectives with the organizations ALR strategic
- Works with the TSL to translate territorial business strategies
into clear objectives, tactics, specific action steps and
accountabilities, and prepares producer production estimates.
- Works with the TSL to implement tactics and processes to
achieve the territorial ALR business plan.
- Champions new ideas and initiatives; identifies new business
opportunities and makes them a reality; fosters innovation and
- Partners with Field Sales Leaders (FSL)) to implement sales and
revenue generating processes with agencies to solidify EA/EFS/FS
partnerships and generate ALR business results.
- Builds and maintains a collaborative working relationship
across all distribution functional areas (and proactively shares
information to ensure a common vision and partnership in support of
agency financial services growth.
- Effectively partners with FSL, Sales Administrative Leader
- As requested, participates in ALR prospecting activities, sales
appointments, and seminars with EFSs/FSs, EAs and FSL.
- As requested, provides ALR consultation on sales process,
product and marketing to EAs and EFSs/FSs
- Provides assistance to EFS/FS and FSL on advanced markets and
- Maintains working relationship with service centers and
reinforces new procedures.
- Coordinates ALR wholesaling activities in local markets.
- Communicates sales results, industry developments, licensing
and regulatory requirements, educational opportunities, and other
pertinent information to ensure that all registered representatives
have the information and knowledge necessary to fully engage in the
- Assists the TSL and SAL with the development of frontline
distribution leaders, EAs and EFSs/FS ALR skills by accurately
identifying skill gaps and by providing groups and individuals with
targeted education, as appropriate.
Key Responsibilities (Cont'd)EFS/FS Appointments
- Forecasts EFS/FS appointments and other resource needs for the
territory, including anticipating turnover, and develops
contingency plans to meet the territorial EFS/FS appointment
- Responsible, with the TSL, for the territorial EFS/FS
- Prospects for EFS/FS candidates using a variety of sources
including but not limited to: industry organizations, industry
contacts, internet leads, referrals, cold calls, direct mail, etc.
to attract high caliber EFSs/FSs for the territory.
- Works with Centralized Recruiting Team and regional recruiting
teams to identify qualified EFS candidates
- Interviews EFS/FS candidates, review qualifications and
- Works with the FSL to facilitate future partnerships with EA
and EFS/FS candidates prior to the EFS/FS appointment.
- Prior to submitting an EFS/FS candidate file to the Regional
Financial Services Leader (RFSL) for approval, the FSC evaluates
and documents on the pre-affiliation checklist, the candidates
background (criminal, outside business activities, integrity, etc)
and makes the determination that the candidate meets the guidelines
set forth by the NASD/SEC for securities licensing.
- Completes a subsequent evaluation of a candidates background
once all external background reports have been received (i.e.
results from FBI finger print report, etc.).
- Conducts new EFS/FS installations and on-going EFS/FS
development activities to ensure a quality development process that
includes the coordination of all involved support departments.
- Evaluates EFS/FS skill levels and identifies development and
education opportunities for new and existing EFSs/FSs.
- Delivers structured EFS ALR development programs that support
regulatory requirements, the Allstate product portfolio, general
industry knowledge, and sales marketing / presentation skills
- Ensures that all EFSs/FSs in the territory participate in
annual compliance meetings and complete required continuing
Key Responsibilities (Cont'd)
- When appropriate, involves Financial Services Education
Consultants (FSECs) in the delivery of education.
- Takes personal responsibility for ongoing growth and
professional development by identifying and acting on appropriate
training and development opportunities.
- Leverages opportunities to apply knowledge learned on the job
and to share such knowledge/best practices among peers.
- Involves wholesalers in the sales process, as necessary.
Financial Services Supervision
- As delegated by the RFSL, performs those duties, as set forth
in the AFS, LLC Written Supervisory Procedures, of a Designated
Supervisory Principal (DSP) within a region.
- Supports the RFSL with day-to-day securities supervision of
EFSs/FSs to ensure that they meet SEC, NASD, and all other Allstate
- Supports the RFSL with day-to-day securities supervision of EA
Series 7 activity to ensure that they meet SEC, NASD, and all other
Allstate Broker/Dealer requirements.
- Completes in-person reviews to discuss and record EFS/FS
securities business. Some of the reviews will involve an
examination of customer account files and the use of the
Supervisory Contact Checklist.
- Implements a process for validating that EFSs/FSs have received
the appropriate product knowledge, regulatory, and compliance
education required to conduct securities business through Allstate
- Promptly addresses any suitability concerns brought to his/her
attention and ensures that the appropriate documentation is in
place for future auditing, and, when requested, works with the
Compliance Department to address any securities related customer
complaints and internal investigations.
- Works with the RFSL to promptly investigate and document
(including disciplinary action taken) any securities transaction
that appears on any exception reports generated by the
Key Responsibilities (Cont'd)
- In conjunction with the Broker/Dealer and RFSL, designs and
implements Heightened Supervision Plans to address any continuing
sales practice concerns with appropriate EFSs/FSs.
- When an EFS/FS terminates his/her affiliation with Allstate
Financial Services (voluntary or involuntary), works with the RFSL
to ensure that policy/account files are collected and reassigned
are processed in a timely and complete manner.
- Confirms compliance concerning the safeguarding of customer
Traditional Life (TL) Compliance
- Focuses on ensuring TL compliance with the regulatory
requirements, as well as Company policies and standards.
- Uses existing technology/reports to monitor TL compliance
issues, communicates findings and educates producers on acceptable
- Identifies TL compliance education needs and facilitates
education to close any skill gaps.
- Confirming compliance with requirements concerning safeguarding
- Focuses on performing administrative functions and utilizing
technology to achieve maximum performance effectiveness.
- Participates in the expense budgeting process; analyzes and
tracks actual results to the budget.
- Compiles, analyzes and communicates sales production reports
- Attends and participates in market, territorial and regional
meetings, as requested.
Key Responsibilities (Cont'd)
- Processes EFS/FS termination of relationship paperwork by
completing required forms and secures Company property.
- Communicates with registered representatives on financial
services topics, as necessary.
- Performs all administrative duties as required.
Job QualificationsExperience and Knowledge
- 5-10 years of financial services and/or P&C
sales/management experience recommended
- 4 year college degree
- Designated Supervisory Principal experience
Analytical and Technical Skills
- Extensive financial services product knowledge.
- Expertise in NASD, SEC, and Broker/Dealer regulatory
- Experience in using Allstate technology and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of industry including competitors and trends (i.e.,
knows what it takes to be successful in the financial services
industry; has a thorough knowledge of the industrys history,
customers, and competitive environment).
- Strong communication skills - Includes presentation, business
writing, negotiation, motivation and relationship management.
- Problem solving Uses judgment by applying broad knowledge and
experience when addressing complex issues.
- Team building - Blends people into teams when needed; creates
strong morale and spirit, defines success in terms of the whole
team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team; etc.
- Talent management - Fosters an environment that provides
learning opportunities and support.
Job Qualifications (Cont'd)
- Planning and organizational skills - Can engage resources
(people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can
orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses
resources effectively and efficiently.
- Business knowledge and leadership skills
- Ability to develop effective internal relationships across
- Overnight travel
Required Licenses (including certifications)
- FINRA Series 7/24/51 or 53 and 63 (where applicable) required
or the ability to acquire in the timeframe set forth by the
Allstate Broker Dealer
- Life, Health & Variable annuity license
- Industry certifications preferred*(CFP, ChFC, CLU, LUTCF)
- Requirement for role in 2018: Allstate is investing in the
development of its field leaders to drive the trusted advisor
strategy. In 2018 sales leaders will be required to complete the
Financial Services Certified Professional Designation Program as a
condition of employment. Completion of the education must occur by
the end of 2019. Incumbents newly hired in 2018 and beyond will
have 2 years from the hire date to complete the education program
(i.e., hired in January 2019, will have until Jan 2021 to complete
it). Deadlines for leaders on a TDY will be extended by the term of
the TDY. This is an industry recognized program that is customized
for Allstate by the American College of Financial Services. It
provides the skills needed to build strong teams, drive results and
enable field leaders to coach agencies on how to serve
- Leaders who have completed the FSCP, LUTCF, CLU, ChFC or CFP
designation education are exempt.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit
to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a
competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards
package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and
dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus,
youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance
your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter,
Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for
employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA)
1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a
discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a
prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by
refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a
veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the
Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information
regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information
regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals
available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken
on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability,
genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical
condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race,
religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation
that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of
employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the
employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring,
training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment,
benefits, discipline, and separation of employment
Keywords: Allstate Insurance Company, Birmingham , Financial Sales Consultant - Manager, Professions , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!