Posted on: September 13, 2019
Shipt is a membership-based marketplace that helps people get the
things they need. Our friendly shoppers handpick fresh groceries
and household essentials and deliver them to members in as soon as
We're looking to add a Product Analyst to the Data Science team to
help turn in-app member and shopper behavior into valuable insights
and influence our product development and strategy. We have rich,
complex datasets collected in a multi-sided marketplace and our
team performs a wide variety of analytical tasks of those datasets,
ranging from designing and evaluating A/B tests, conducting ad-hoc
research, creating dashboards, crafting complex database queries
and ETL pipelines, and developing sophisticated predictive models.
The ideal candidate will be data-driven, intellectually curious,
and a clear communicator.
- Develop a thorough understanding of all data elements and
interpret them as they relate to member and shopper behavior,
profitability, and product development
- Work closely with the Product and Engineering organizations
during all points of a feature's life cycle: event instrumentation,
performance analysis, and A/B testing
- Explore data to find actionable insights and make product
recommendations through funnel analyses, long-term trends, user
segmentation, regression models, and related techniques
- Design dashboards and data visualizations to communicate
meaningful metrics to different audiences within the business
- Find opportunities for improvement across the business and
assist in decision-making across teams
- 2+ years of experience with data analysis and turning data into
insights and recommendations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience
interfacing with high level stakeholders.
- Strong SQL skills are required (we use Postgres and
- Experience with a Business Intelligence tool is required (e.g.,
- Experience with a statistical scripting language is required
(e.g., R or Python)
- Experience with hypothesis testing in a business setting is a
- Experience with event instrumentation is a plus
- Experience with mobile app metrics (user acquisition, sessions,
re-engagement) is a plus
- A Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative field or higher.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Shipt, Birmingham , Product Analyst, Professions , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!