Inside Sales Manager
Posted on: June 25, 2022
At Shipshape, everything we do is to help homeowners save time,
money and energy. If you are passionate about aligning your work
efforts with your ability to make a real, meaningful impact in the
world, then Shipshape is the right place for you to work! We
believe homes should be safe, reliable, efficient and comfortable.
Shipshape provides an complete home management solution designed
for the homeowner. Our platform was built using new, cutting-edge
technology we have developed. If you are passionate about helping
real people, love technology, aren't afraid of a challenge and have
a desire to push yourself to your maximum potential, Shipshape is
where you belong. Join us on our mission to make homes smart enough
to take care of themselves!
About the position
Join Shipshape as a Inside Sales Manager and become a leader in our
sales organization, managing internal team members and standing up
world class processes and making a difference in the lives of
homeowners and key strategic partners. In this role you will
manage, lead and evaluate the day to day activities of the outbound
inside sales team operations to include performance metrics,
retention statistics, and staffing requirements, to ensure
achievement of sales goals and delivery of superior customer
service experience. This role is based in Birmingham, Alabama or
This is one of the most important jobs in the company because you
will be responsible for the performance of our inside sales
organization as well as certain key accounts, requiring versatility
given the wide-range of stakeholders and responsibilities to
- Become an expert in smart home applications to home maintenance
and the Shipshape solutions.
- Build out a world-class inside sales organization, including
best-in-class processes to empower our elite sales and field
install tech force, collectively known as the "Seal Team" to
- Coordinate with Shipshape Business Development, Marketing,
Training & Delivery and Customer Success teams that also work with
homeowners, team members and key accounts, ensuring seamless and
smooth relationship management, customer experiences and
- Distribute department specific and company-wide improvement
opportunities for improvement identified while performing sales
management, account management and business development
- Formulate and execute of inside sales, business development and
account management programs, processes and strategies.
- Prepare sales, marketing and account management collateral to
conduct high-impact meetings.
- Educate and train team members, partners and home owners about
our suite of services.
- Lead sales team call campaigns and install swarms, working with
our delivery and home assistant (i.e. customer support and success)
teams to ensure clean lead handoffs between teams.
- Identify opportunities to for new business from existing
- Participate in the formulation of department-wide territory
goals and metrics (e.g. KPIs, Sales Goals, Income Metrics,
- Formulate best practices to log, track and manage
relationships, account pipeline, and activity within
- Be a local brand ambassador for Shipshape.
- Cultivate a culture of excellence.Requested experience
- Experience in sales or relationship management.
- Ability to be goal-oriented, self-motivated, confident,
thorough and committed.
- Ability to operate with enthusiasm and flexibility in a
constantly evolving team environment.
- Ability to build influential relationships and deliver results
in a cross-functional/matrixed environment.
- Experience working with Salesforce or another CRM.Key
- Diversified set of skills and experience
- Ability and willingness to learn and execute new ideas
- High levels of Agility and Flexibility
- Comfort with Ambiguity
- Issues Management Expert
- People Management Expert
- Exceptional Communication
- Exceptional Organization
- Innovative Thinker
- Decisive Leader
- Relationship Oriented
- High Financial and Operational Acumen
Commitment & Compensation
This is a full time position with complete benefits including
health insurance and participation in the employee equity program.
Shipshape is an early stage, rapidly growing start up. We are
learning every day how to deliver more value, more efficiently for
our customers. Homeowners depend on Shipshape. When you come to
work for Shipshape you should know that it will be hard work, and
you will find that team members work long hours because we are
excited about our mission to make homes smart enough to take care
This is a quote carrying position that will be eligible for
individual and company performance bonuses.
Shipshape encourages career development. As an early-stage and
rapidly growing company, Inside Sales Managers are highly visible
and have the potential to grow upward within the company as we
expand to new markets and service lines.
Shipshape is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- At Shipshape Equality is one of our core values. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nation origin,
gender, sexual orientation, age marital status, veteran status or
disability status. -
Keywords: Shipshape, Birmingham , Inside Sales Manager, Sales , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!