Guest Service Representative/Front Desk
Company: Four Points by Sheraton
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Do you have a heart for service?
Do enjoy smiling?
Do you enjoy working as part of a team?
The Guest Service Representative is typically the guest's first
interaction with the hotel so we need to make sure it is
consistently a positive one. Each guest needs to be welcomed and
acknowledged with a smiling face. GSRs are responsible for ensuring
we provide the highest level of guest service and that our
standards are met and maintained at all times. with a combination
of a passion for the job and the right communication with other
departments, GSRs have the ability and empowerment to make the
guest's experience more than MEMORABLE. GSRs must have a positive
and professional upbeat personality with a desire to deliver
outstanding customer service to our guests.
Role and Responsibilities
*Financial Returns: *
- Perform accurate check-ins and check-outs of guests daily.
- Make reservations over the phone and in person.
- Perform job functions with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ensure credits and adjustments are correct.
- Communicate supplies needed to work effectively.
- Follow directions thoroughly.
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Live and demonstrate the company's core values.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Effectively communicate with guests, management, and co-workers
to their understanding.
*Guest Experience: *
- Greet guests in a friendly and professional manner.
- Engage each guest as a unique individual and listen attentively
to their requests
- Understand guests' service needs.
- Answer the telephone in a timely and professional manner.
- Anticipate and address guests' service needs.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel
- Listen and respond to guest complaints and ensure corrective
action is taken in a timely manner to achieve complete guest
- Run daily reports to check reservations for accuracy and identify
any guest special requests.
- Responsible for completing all training in a timely manner.
*Responsible Business: *
- Keep the work area neat and tidy.
- Uniform and personal appearance are kept clean and professional
and are in accordance with the company Grooming Policy. A smile is
considered part of the uniform.
- Comply with company policies, procedures, and Code of Ethics.
- Maintain a cash drawer throughout the shift and ensure it
balances correctly at the end of the shift.
- Promote a safe working environment
- Learn and adhere to all fire and emergency procedures, including
procedures for the handling of the fire panel, ensuring guest
safety, and participating in an evacuation if necessary.
- Practice safe working habits, including bending and lifting
appropriately to avoid injury, reporting hazards, appropriate set
of cleaning chemicals, and working to minimize tripping and falling
- Prioritize and organize.
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using
- Participate in helping the hotel recycle.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the
only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this
position. Employees will be required to perform any other
job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Work Environment: Front Desk, Admin Offices, and Housekeeping
The job involves working:
Lift up to 25lbs
under variable temperature conditions (or extreme heat or
under variable noise levels.
standing for long periods of time.
around fumes and/or odor hazards.
around chemicals (where applicable).
around bio-hazards (where applicable).
Internal: General Manager, Assistant General Manager, Director of
Operations, Director of Human Resources, Front Office Manager,
Front Office Supervisor (s), Executive Housekeeper, Assistant
Manager, Floor Supervisors, Floor Attendants, Linen/Laundry Staff,
External: Hotel guests/visitors, groups, and the local
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $12.00 - $15.00 per hour
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Night shift
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Fort Mill, SC 29715: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Hotel experience: 1 year (Preferred)
* Day Shift (Preferred)
* Night Shift (Preferred)
* Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Four Points by Sheraton, Birmingham , Guest Service Representative/Front Desk, Sales , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!