Major Accounts Sales Manager
Company: NAPA AUTO PARTS
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Job Description NAPA is looking for a seasoned Major Accounts Sales
Manager who can meet the needs of our Major Accounts customers,
while supporting our company strategy.The Major Accounts Sales
Manager will liaison between the company and our major account
customers to help promote and sell products while increasing sales
and market share within our customer group. This role will have a
high degree of visibility to field and corporate leaders while
communicating all aspects of customer opportunities and
- Manages and grows major account relationships by evaluating
prospect's needs and determining fit with company strategy.
- Follows up on leads from field to determine accounts needs and
analyze success of new venture.
- Liaisons between corporate and field management to ensure
customer needs are met.
- Completes submission of bids, RFPs, RFIs, IFBs, quotes, and
other external inquiries of company product by engaging field and
ensuring all timelines and deadlines are met.
- Communicates to field and management about status and outcomes
of external inquiries and to gain buy-in on decisions.
- Develops and implements annual sales plan, adjusts as needed to
reflect actual performance and conditions.
- Increases sales and market shares for assigned major accounts
at store, distribution center, and manufacturer level for all
company product lines.
- Achieves personal monthly, quarterly, and annually assigned
quotas by reaching out to current accounts and evaluating needs
including, but not limited to, price, contracts, training
requirements, and reporting.
- Communicates with customers, prospects, vendor base, company
headquarters and field management, and independent store owners
regarding major account activities.
- Communicates regularly with management regarding performance
steps taken to ensure quota attainment and other sales
- Manages sales expense budget within established guidelines and
addresses any issues as needed.
- Controls expenses while submitting timely expense reporting
with minimum errors.
- Maintains, secures, and submits all documents, reports, and
other administration required by management. Qualifications
- 5 years of experience with managing account or sales managers
at corporate level in automotive or similar industry.
- 5 years of experience managing customer relationships at
corporate or field store level.
- NAPA experience in a similar role preferred.
- BS degree or equivalent working experience.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel and
- Excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to take
many pieces of input and produce multiple levels of communication
based on the needs of the audience.
- Excellent organizational, planning, documentation, follow-up,
and presentation skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of leadership
inside and outside the organization.
- Capable of leading teams via influence, in a collaborative
manner, rather by authority.
- Validates information provided to discern facts from opinions
related to communicating project status.
- Excellent management, leadership and coaching skills.
- Able to establish and maintain good relations with customers by
providing courteous, efficient, and professional service
- Must possess a willingness and ability to learn and
- Demonstrated ability to deal with multiple issues
simultaneously with a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated accountability and responsibility for independent
judgment and successful outcomes.
- Work performed in a typical office environment.
- Travels up to 50% of the time with overnight trips lasting 2 to
3 days in duration.
- Duration of trips can change depending on business need.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings,
weekends and holidays
- Must be willing to travel including evenings, weekends and
holidays GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of
employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to
fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without
regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status,
national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status
as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy
is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate
employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and
conduct and other legitimate business reasons. Apply Now!
Keywords: NAPA AUTO PARTS, Birmingham , Major Accounts Sales Manager, Sales , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!