Job Description - Area Business Development Director - Tucson,
Area Business Development Director - Tucson, AZ ( 2022208 )
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Institute of Tucson and
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Northwest Tucson are
seeking an Area Business Development Director to join the
Hospital address: 1921 West Hospital Drive; Tucson, AZ 85704
The Area Business Development Director works for two or more
Hospital CEOs to ensure marketing initiatives are carried out
throughout their assigned area. The Area Business Development
Director is responsible for inpatient and outpatient census of
multiple hospitals through the design and implementation of
referral programs and customer service strategies. Oversees
inpatient admission process. Manages, trains and develops
hospital-wide Business Development Team. Serves in a Senior
The Area Business Development Director is also responsible for
helping to create an environment and culture that enables the
hospitals to fulfill their mission by meeting or exceeding goals,
conveying the organization's mission to staff, holding staff
accountable for performance, and motivating staff to continuously
This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that
the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent
patient-centered care is provided; promoting and maintaining an
inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and
accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity and
sensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an
on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient population served
in the hospital.
Job Code: 100599
License or Certification:
- Drivers license and acceptable driving record according to
Total Education, Vocational Training and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years experience as a marketing representative, or
nurse liaison in a healthcare environment.
- Bachelor's degree in related area preferred.
- Successful track record in leading, managing or direct sales
and marketing, preferably in Healthcare environment
- Physician relations, Case manager, Managed care, Knowledge of
local healthcare market preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax
machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift and push/pull a minimum of 40 pounds.
Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing,
and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and
meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and
or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster
situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a
disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by
- Must be able to travel overnight to fulfill essential training
requirements. Travel is infrequent, but necessary for training
purposes. Minimum required travel includes training at the Home
Office in Birmingham, AL.